Computer Applications Specialist
The Computer Applications Specialist certificate program provides students with proficiency in computer applications and practices that commonly used in today’s business environment. The program emphasizes hands-on experience, and successful graduates will acquire proficiency with business applications of computers.
Upon successful completion of the Computer Applications Specialist certificate, the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of business organization and procedures by applying business applications of computers
- Demonstrate knowledge regarding computer information systems
- Design and manage a database
- Design an interactive website
- Analyze and present data in a visual format
- Apply computer skills to create, analyze and assess a business document to solve an organizational problem
- Demonstrate effective communication and computation skills
The Business Applications of Computers Certificate Program prepares successful graduates to take the Microsoft Certified Application Specialist (MCAS) examination.
Implementation: Full-time Day – 30 Semester Hours
Students enrolled in this program may be eligible for related Skill Set Certifications. Students should contact their academic program advisor or refer to the Skill Set section in Eastern's Current Course Catalog for additional information.