West Virginia Invests
West Virginia Invests was created by the Legislature during the 2019 regular session and will begin helping hardworking West Virginians pay for college in the 2019-20 academic year.
The program is managed by the West Virginia Council for Community and Technical College Education.
You may qualify for a West Virginia Invests Grant if you:
- Were a legal resident of West Virginia for at least 1 year immediately before applying;
- Are a graduate of a public, private or homeschool program, or have successfully passed a high school equivalency test;
- Have not already earned a college degree (associate level or higher);
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
- Are willing to make a commitment to improving the state by living in West Virginia for at least two years after graduation and completing at least 2 hours of unpaid community service each academic term;
- Meet the minimum admissions requirements at an eligible institution and register for at least 6 credit hours; and
- Pay for and pass a drug screening before the start of each academic term.
Frequently Asked Questions:
To apply for the WV Invests Grant:
Give us a call!
Speak to a financial aid advisor by calling
- (304) 558-4618
- or toll-free (877) 987-7664
Send us an email!
Send us a message and we'll put you in touch with someone who can help.