West Virginia Invests
You may qualify for a West Virginia Invests Grant if you:
- Were a legal resident of West Virginia for at least 1 year immediately before applying;
- Are a graduate of a public, private or homeschool program, or have successfully passed a high school equivalency test;
- Have not already earned a college degree (associate level or higher);
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
- Are willing to make a commitment to improving the state by living in West Virginia for at least two years after graduation and completing at least 2 hours of unpaid community service each academic term;
- Meet the minimum admissions requirements at an eligible institution and register for at least 6 credit hours; and
- Pay for and pass a drug screening before the start of each academic term.
Use our WV Invests checklist to keep you on track to enrollment.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Use our WV Invests Factsheet to help answer your questions.
To apply for the WV Invests Grant:
Students in the WV Invests Grant program must complete 2 hours of community service each term in which funds are received as approved by the institution. Community service completed before or after the term do not count toward the 2-hour requirement. Failure to complete and document the completion of the community service requirement will result in the student becoming ineligible for the WV Invests Grant. Go to www.wvinvests.org for more information.
Students can keep track of their community service hours using our Community Service Form.
Give us a call!
- (304) 434-8000
- or toll-free (877) 982-2322