Harold K. Michael Scholarship
2020-2021 Deadline: All applications must be postmarked by Friday, August 7, 2020.
The Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College Foundation Harold K. Michael Scholarship will be awarded to one returning student of Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College (Eastern). The scholarship for $500 will be awarded to the student in the form of a check from Eastern’s Foundation to be used for college related expenses incurred as a result of enrollment at Eastern. The scholarship is a one-time and non-renewable award. The recipient of the scholarship shall meet the following initial requirements:
- Be a currently enrolled Eastern student;
- Have a 2.5 or higher cumulative grade point average;
- Be attending Eastern WV Community and Technical College during the 2020 Fall semester;
- Be an active member of one or more Eastern sponsored student organizations;
- Attend two (2) recruiting events in the Fall semester in the student’s “home” county (events must have prior approval from a representative of Learner Support Services);
- Complete the 2021 FAFSA and any other documents needed by financial aid and admissions.
- Complete the required application and required supporting letters which is to be neatly handwritten or typed. Additional sheets may be attached as needed.
Applications may be submitted by mailing the completed application form to:
Eastern WV Community and Technical College
ATTN: Learner Support Services
316 Eastern Drive
Moorefield, WV 26836
Final selection and award determination will be made by a scholarship review committee.