Eastern's Learning Lab
The Learning Lab is located in room 102A (inside the Student Lounge) and is staffed by Student Success Coaches. Hours for the Learning Lab are Monday through Thursday 9am - 5pm.
A Student Success Coach will be available during posted hours to assist students with online resources.
Students, if you are having difficulty with class assignments, you are struggling with routine coursework, or you just are not happy with your academic performance — maybe it's time for a tutor.
Students are invited to take advantage of this online one-to-one tutoring service at anytime.
You can access your personalized account from any Eastern Blackboard course by following these simple steps:
- Log into Blackboard and navigate to one of your courses where you want additional tutoring.
- In the course menu or sidebar, look for a link to Support and Help.
- Click on the link, and at the top of the Support and Help page, you will see a link to the Tutor.com website where you can request a tutoring session (see the image below to see what the links look like).
Please contact Monica Wilson with any questions or concerns about tutoring (email: firstname.lastname@example.org), or call 304-434-8000 ext. 9235.
Tutor.com also has provided Eastern with several resources and videos to help students get started with the service:
- Download Tutor.com's How It Works Guide
- Visit Tutor.com's FAQ page
- Watch Tutor.com's support videos:
- Guide: How to Talk with Your Tutor
- Guide: How to Use the Code Editor
- Guide: How to Use the Text Editor
- Guide: How to Use the Graphing Calculator
A project of the Monterey Institute for Technology and Education (MITE), HippoCampus provides "high-quality, multimedia content on general education subjects to high school and college students free of charge." (See the "User requirements" to make sure that your computer has the necessary downloads of free software that enable it to access the learning content on the site.)