WV Adult Education
Adult Education (A.E.) services provide adults with educational opportunities to improve literacy skills necessary to become self-sufficient and to participate effectively in the workplace, home, and community.
- TASC ('Test Assessing Secondary Completion™' replaces GED® in WV to earn a WV High School Equivalency Diploma) preparation;
- improving academic skills such as reading, math and writing;
- developing speaking and writing communication skills for ESL students.
Instruction is provided by qualified teachers in a conveniently located, supportive, and student-centered learning environment. All instructional services and materials are free.
A.E. Program Offerings:
- Basic Skills Instruction (math, reading, writing)
- Basic Computer Instruction & Certifications
- Employment Skills Instruction: Job applications, resumes, cover letters, interviewing
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- English Language/Civics
- TASC (replaces GED® in WV to earn a WV High School Equivalency Diploma)Test Preparation
- Online Instruction
- Preparation for college entrance & Accuplacer Exam
- Test Preparation: WorkKeys™, Civil Service, ASVAB
- Testing: TASC (replaces GED® in WV) Practice Test; TABE testing
- Tutoring for Eastern college students
Adult Education services are offered in three counties in the Eastern’s service district (Grant, Hardy and Pendleton counties). The WV Department of Education also provides A.E. services in Hampshire, Mineral, and Tucker counties. For more information, contact an office near you or http://wvde.state.wv.us/abe/.
Hardy County (At Eastern Campus, full-time program)
Instructor and referral contact: Vera Shockey
Hours: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, Monday - Thursday
Location: Eastern WV Community & Technical College
Phone: 304-434-8000 or 1-877-982-2322; ext. 9234
Grant County (full-time program)
ESL-Civics (part-time program)