Transferring College Credit In

Eastern welcomes transfer students from other colleges, and requires that they comply with the following procedures: 

  • Transfer students must have official transcripts sent directly from the Records Office of their previous institution(s) to

Eastern West Virginia Community & Technical College
316 Eastern Drive
Moorefield, WV 26836   

​(Students who have attended more than one institution are required to provide official transcripts from all institutions attended.) 

  • All transfer students must submit evidence of good standing from the college most recently attended.
  • Credits are accepted from all regionally accredited institutions and from other institutions on an individual basis.
  • A transfer evaluation is completed on all students who have submitted official transcripts from accredited colleges. The transfer evaluation identifies Eastern’s equivalencies for transfer courses.
    • Appeals of decisions should be directed to the Dean for Academic and Student Services.
    • Appeals of the Dean’s decision may be sent to the Commission/Council Division of Academic Affairs. 
    • Instructions on the submission of appeals may be found on the Commission/Council website (  Once all materials are received, a recommendation will be sent to the president of the receiving institution in 10 working days. 
  • Grades earned in colleges previously attended are included in the grade point average calculation. (Exempt from this provision are courses falling under the D-F Repeat Policy, Deletion of Outdated Coursework from Computation of Grade Point Average Policy and other applicable College policies.)
  • Transfer students who have earned fewer than 30 semester credit hours from an accredited college and who have graduated from high school within the last five years must provide copies of high school transcripts upon admission to the College.
  • ACT/SAT scores may be submitted for course placement.
  • All full-time, transfer students born after January 1, 1957, are required to provide proof of immunization for measles and rubella (See Immunization Policy).
  • The College retains all transcripts submitted for a two-year period. Students who do not enroll within this period must resubmit all required documents, including transcripts.
  • Students who enroll without reporting all previous colleges attended may be subject to the College’s disciplinary procedures.