Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College is committed to:
(a) ensuring the provision of services necessary to enable students with disabilities to achieve their maximum potential as members of the College Community;
(b) ensuring that students are not excluded from programs or activities due to equipment barriers;
(c) facilitating the integration of students with disabilities within our community; and
(d) promoting a positive image of persons with disabilities.
The goals of Disability Services are:
- To coordinate and provide reasonable accommodations and disability related services;
- To encourage self-advocacy and personal responsibility on the part of students with disabilities;
- To advocate for an accessible learning environment through removal of physical, informational, and attitudinal barriers;
- To allow for auxiliary aids and services such as guide dogs, tape recorders, note takers and any other documented aids and services.
- To serve as a resource for members of the college community as well as prospective students and parents.
- To assist the College to comply with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
Services are available for all students with documented disabilities, whether full or part-time. It is the student’s responsibility to initiate contact with Disability Services and submit appropriate documentation of the disability.
The Student Services Department is the designated office for Disability Services at Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College that obtains and files disability related documents, certifies eligibility for services, determines reasonable accommodations, and makes the provision for accommodations.
Location: Room 101b, Student Services, Main Campus, Moorefield, WV
Office Hours: 8:00 am – 4:15 pm. Monday through Friday
Phone: (304) 434-8000, ext. 9235
Fax: (304) 434-7004
E-mail: Monica Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org