Traditional Student Scholarship
The deadline for spring 2020 applications is April 15, 2020: Applications must be postmarked no later than April 15 to be considered.
The Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College Scholarship will be awarded to one student from the Potomac Highlands. The scholarship will be awarded in the form of a waiver for tuition and fees associated with attendance at Eastern WV Community and Technical College (excluded are the following fees: book, on-line fees, lab, and other student fees) for one academic year, with a review after the first semester before renewal.
To apply, students must meet the following basic requirements:
- Be a graduating high school senior; or earning a TASC certificate or earning a home-school diploma;
- Have a 2.5 or higher cumulative grade point average, as of the end of the first semester of his/her senior year; TASC recipient earn a 550 minimum average on all 5 parts of the test in order to be eligible for the scholarship;
- Be attending Eastern WV Community and Technical College as a full-time student after graduation during the 2020-2021 academic year;
- Be 23 years old or younger;
- Enroll in one of the transfer degree programs (AA/AS) not eligible for the WV Invests Grant (www.wvinvests.org)
- Complete the required application which is to be neatly handwritten or typed. Additional sheets may be attached as needed;
- Complete the 2021 FAFSA and any other documents needed by financial aid and admissions.