Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College (Eastern) is committed to supporting the College's mission as a state supported institution of learning by providing convenient, effective access to high quality library services.
Eastern provides access to online library resources and databases through an agreement with Southern WV Community and Technical College. Through the online library services, students can obtain assistance from a professional reference librarian. The reference librarian can assist students with finding library resources and completing research projects.
To schedule an appointment with a reference librarian, Eastern students must contact Kim Maynard (Director of Southern WV Community and Technical College Library Services). Ms. Maynard may be contacted by phone (304-896-7345) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
In keeping with its mission, EWVCTC provides the following library services:
Through the Libraries at Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College [<-click here for access to Southern's library homepage], Eastern offers a variety of databases [<-click here for access to all databases] which allow students and community patrons to search for reference materials:
provides 24/7 access to over 20 million full-text articles on a broad range of fields and subjects from nearly 6,000 scholarly and popular periodicals at: InfoTrac College Edition [<-click here].
The link above opens the InfoTrac home page, and clicking "proceed" there opens the InfoTrac database access.
For Password Information, email: Laurel Godlove (Eastern's Academic Services Coordinator) at Eastern's Moorefield Center; or contact her by phone: (304-434-8000 or toll free 877-982-2322) to obtain password information. (InfoTrac is an Online Research and Learning Center.)
Back to Top
A database providing access to more than 40, 000 college catalogs and more than 35,000,000 course descriptions.
An on-line database of literary resources including full-text articles and indexes. (Please Note: This database is only available on college networked computers.)
Also Note: This link also first opens an InfoTrac access page that looks the same as the INfoTrac homepage, but clicking "proceed" now will open the Literature Resource Center.
Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College provides Interlibrary loan service to all students from several sources.
Interlibrary Loan: via Southern WV Community and Technical College
To access Interlibrary Loan Services through Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College, follow these instructions:
1. Find the material you want to borrow on Southern's On-line Library Catalog:http://southernwv.edu/library
2. Fill out a Southern Interlibrary Loan Request Form [<-click here] and submit it to Laurel Godlove, Academic Services Coordinator at Eastern. Phone: (304) 434-8000 Ext. 244 Email: email@example.com.
Back to Top
3. Give your Southern Interlibrary Loan Request Form to the Academic Services Program Coordinator. Phone: (304) 434-8000 Ext. 244 Email: Laurel Godlove .
4. Within a week, your requested material will be mailed to Eastern and can be picked up by contacting the Academic Services Program Coordinator. Phone: (304) 434-8000 Ext. 244 Email: Laurel Godlove .
5. Please return your requested material five days before its due date. Eastern is responsible for return shipment and in order to avoid overdue fines, you must return your requested material early. You are responsible for all late fees, special mailing fees to meet due dates, or replacement costs for materials not returned. A hold will be placed on your student record for all past due materials.
PLEASE NOTE: If you need special assistance from a reference librarian, call Southern's library at 304-792-7098 or email Kim Maynard (Head of Southern Library Services) to request your reference material.
Interlibrary Loan: Public Libraries
First-time users of the WV statewide public system of Interlibrary Loan (ILL) must register and receive a personal ILL system password.
To do so, you will need to request your registration password by email. For more information, and for the email registration request link, go to the WV Library Commission Information Center Log-in and scroll down to “first time users”.
Registered users can access Wext Virginia Interlibrary Loan Services through any public library in West Virginia:
1. Find the material you want to borrow on the West Virginia Statewide On-line Catalog Search or the Advanced Search (to narrow your search to specific library collections).
2. Call, email or visit the public library most convenient for you to request your reference material.
3. Pick up your requested material at your regional public library.
Back to Top
Additional Library Links
WV Library Commission
WV Public Libraries (Index)
Library of Congress
US Public Libraries (Index)