Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College (Eastern) is committed to supporting the College's mission as a state supported institution of learning by providing convenient, effective access to high quality library services.
Eastern provides access to online library resources and databases through an agreement with Southern WV Community and Technical College. Through the online library services, students can obtain assistance from a professional reference librarian. The reference librarian can assist students with finding library resources and completing research projects.
To schedule an appointment with a reference librarian, Eastern students must contact Kim Maynard (Director of Southern WV Community and Technical College Library Services). Ms. Maynard may be contacted by phone (304-896-7345) or email (email@example.com ).
In keeping with its mission, EWVCTC provides the following library services:
NOTE: To access the following EBSCO resources from off-campus, students should enter their Student ID as the Patron ID. If accessing these resources from on-campus, students will not be asked to enter a Patron ID.
Designed for academic institutions, this database is a leading resource for scholarly research. It supports high-level research in the key areas of academic study by providing journals, periodicals, reports, books and more.
This database offers a diverse array of full-text and indexed content covering the full spectrum of the applied sciences and computing disciplines — from acoustics to aeronautics, neural networks to nuclear engineering.
This is the definitive research tool for nursing and allied health professionals. With CINAHL Complete, users get fast and easy full-text access to top journals, evidence-based care sheets, quick lessons and more. Take a few minutes to evaluate all that CINAHL Complete has to offer and you’ll see why hundreds of thousands of nurses and allied health professionals rely on this essential resource.
This growing subscription package contains a large selection of multidisciplinary e-books representing a broad range of academic subjects. The breadth of information available through this package ensures that students and scholars will have access to information relevant to their research needs.
A database providing access to more than 40, 000 college catalogs and more than 35,000,000 course descriptions.
Interlibrary Loan: via Southern WV Community and Technical CollegeEastern West Virginia Community and Technical College provides Interlibrary loan service to all students from several sources.
To access Interlibrary Loan Services through Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College, follow these instructions:
1. Find the material you want to borrow on Southern's On-line Library Catalog:http://southernwv.edu/library
2. Fill out a Southern Interlibrary Loan Request Form [<-click here] and submit it to Laurel Godlove, Academic Services Coordinator at Eastern. Phone: (304) 434-8000 Ext. 9244 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Give your Southern Interlibrary Loan Request Form to the Academic Services Program Coordinator. Phone: (304) 434-8000 Ext. 9244 Email: Laurel Godlove.
4. Within a week, your requested material will be mailed to Eastern and can be picked up by contacting the Academic Services Program Coordinator. Phone: (304) 434-8000 Ext. 9244 Email: Laurel Godlove.
5. Please return your requested material five days before its due date. Eastern is responsible for return shipment and in order to avoid overdue fines, you must return your requested material early. You are responsible for all late fees, special mailing fees to meet due dates, or replacement costs for materials not returned. A hold will be placed on your student record for all past due materials.
PLEASE NOTE: If you need special assistance from a reference librarian, call Southern's library at 304-792-7098 or email Kim Maynard (Head of Southern Library Services) to request your reference material.
Interlibrary Loan: Public Libraries
The West Virginia Library Commission provides Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Services through the Statewide ILL Request System. Interested users can fill out the form provided on the Statewide ILL Request System to make loan requests.
Additional Library Links
WV Library Commission
WV Public Libraries (Index)
Library of Congress
US Public Libraries (Index)